Dark Frontiers Development Update #8
The Dark Frontiers development team has been hard at work to meet our goals for Q3 since the last development update. With Q3 finished, we are now heading into Q4, so let’s take a look and see what new features have been added to the game and what’s next on the horizon!
Watch this video for a showcase of the new features:
World & NPCs
- Expanded our game world size, together with increased attention to detail (set dressing, new area assets, and resources)
- New lighting and weather systems with dynamic day/night cycles added
- Modeling, texturing, rigging and animating our set of base enemy NPCs for different map areas (5 Ice, 5 Gore, 5 Mold, 2 Robot enemy NPCs with desert enemies still in the production pipeline). Later levels and slight enemy model modifications will be added for increased variety and reusability
- Interaction with world objects (for quests, moving platforms, doors, boxes, etc.) added
Player & Items
- New equipable item NFTs for new resource extraction and skills were integrated with the blockchain
- 9 New armor sets, with 5 items each, and 3 colors = >100 possible combinations for greater player customization (torso + legs, helmets, backpacks, boots, gloves, trinkets) are nearing the end of their sculpting process
- Added 30+ different player item abilities (Apply status effect, invisibility, heal party, lifesteal, etc.)
- Improved player animations
- Item stats were introduced
- Party system and chat communication channels were added.
- Test version of Dark Frontiers launcher was created and released for internal use.
- Status effects (buffs and debuffs)
Overall the Dark Frontiers development team is quite happy with reaching ~90% of our aimed Q3 goals. Alongside that, the Dark Frontiers website + dashboard update has also continued in development.
The development team is now moving towards PVP content and activities, another game world update and expansion, lore and quest update/rewrite and implementation, in-game area bosses with unique combat mechanics and another round of community (suit holders and influencers) playtests.
About Dark Frontiers
Dark Frontiers is a new sci-fi mmo developed by Gamestarter, in which GameFi & NFTs play a vital role in all major aspects of this high-tier quality project: NFTs will be used for staking, item ownership, and the creation of real-world value through in-game items.
The title features high-quality graphics, a stellar soundtrack, and an overall feel which will remind the player of great off-chain titles
Starting from a rugged moon base, the players will fight aliens and join alliances, form guilds, defeat PVE and PVP opposition, and discover new NFTs that can either be used to enhance one’s arsenal, or can be sold on secondary markets.
Dark Frontiers will be the first title to implement Gamestarter’s revolutionary Play 2 Immerse (P2I) playing mode: This model aims to leverage the gaming communities & guilds, and rewards the most active players for their in-game and off-game actions: players will be earning $DARK tokens by helping out newbies, writing how-to guides, and being a pillar of the Dark Frontiers in general.
The $DARK token is where both players and investors will be able to benefit: players will be able to buy upgrades and plots of land with the token, and owning land, a moon or a planet, will generate interest for the player staking property. This will create a virtuous circle, where the price of $DARK will increase, thus benefiting investors too.
Strap your space suit, set your phasers on kill: it’s time to explore the galaxy!