Dark Frontiers Development Update #7
How’s your summer going? Here at Gamestarter we’ve been really busy working on Dark Frontiers and have taken all your comments, made after the streamathon, to heart!
We have some exciting news from the Dark Frontiers development team to share with you, as we carry on adhering to the roadmap we have laid before us.
This development update is for the 2 months of June and July. And, as you can see, a lot has been implemented:
- New tools and animations for resource gathering added! Metal Melting Laser (careful, don’t use it against enemy NPCs), Syringe for Plant Extraction, Gas Collector.
- Short Cinematic Teaser Trailer.
- Dynamic sky and weather. Dark Frontiers are not so dark anymore. Now you can experience different biomes on Luna in their full uniqueness with day, night, morning and evening cycles of celestial bodies moving around the Moon.
- New and improved lightning system.
- A whole new cast of enemy NPCs for different biomes — 2 new enemies in The Pole, 2 new enemies in Gore, 1 new enemy in Lunar Dunes, and 2 new enemies in The Jungle areas.
- A bunch of newly remade player animations for equipment and movement.
- Chance to play Pre-Alpha for randomly selected community members.
- New sets of equipable items (helmets, backpacks, spacesuits, boots, gloves, trinkets) in the works!
- New audio themes for different map areas, fresh and unheard NPC sounds.
- Consumable items are finally here! Wish you could heal your wounds, sprint longer, have damage boosts? Well, now you can!
- Lore expansion for items, resources and game world.
- UI update.
- New icons and assets for resources and consumables.
- UX improvements based on community feedback
- New mechanics and animations for melee weapons
- Redesign of existing map areas (sculpting + set dressing)
- New quest mechanics
The Dark Frontiers development team is continuing to follow the roadmap, and we can happily say that we’re right on track!
We’ll be expanding on all the points listed above and will provide you with another update as soon as more substantial changes are made to the core gameplay mechanics.
About Dark Frontiers
“Dark Frontiers” is the newest, gamified space realm governed by a Gamestarter produced DAO. As NFT standards and values are shifting towards promoting use-cases, Dark Frontiers’ goal is to drive mainstream adoption by enhancing the usability of NFTs through staking, item ownership, and the creation of real-world value through in-game items.
Embarking on the gamified metaverse, players will pilot their own spaceship and conquer new planets, defeat oppositions, form guilds and capture new and unique NFTs that can either be built on or sold on the open markets.
The $DARK token in Dark Frontiers will cover an array of opportunities. For players interested in dominating entire sections of a universe, say, by owning a moon, or a planet, they can use this digital plot of land to earn interest on their $DARK. The token will not only be used for staking, but players can also purchase and upgrade their starship Galactica’s using $DARK. After upgrading your ship for universal domination, you are prepared to stand head-to-head with other opponents that are in your way!